We know that now, more than ever, health, safety and peace of mind are essential when you travel. For 107 years, our commitment to impeccable service and customer experiences remains intrinsic to our tradition. While human interaction and connection is core to our guest’s experience, the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees will always be our top priority.
Following the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA), the following processes and protocols are in place to ensure your health and safety:
Check-In / Guest Services
- Earning the 2020 AAA Inspector’s Best of Housekeeping Award for surpassing the highest cleanliness and condition scores, The Benson has enhanced our already rigorous standards of cleanliness and sanitization.
- Desktop protective shields at the Front Desk provide staff and customers peace of mind in safeguarding the risk of exposure.
- 72” high standing plexiglass dividers at the Front Desk are designed to help guests feel safe & comfortable, minimizing exposure risk while checking in next to others.
- Contactless check-in is available, providing a safe and efficient check-in experience.
- If possible, rooms are aired for 24 hours between guests.
- An EPA registered peroxide all-purpose disinfectant cleaner, effective in killing viruses, is used on all surfaces, including desks, nightstands, bathroom surfaces, remote controls, doorknobs, in-room phones, and clocks.
- Housekeeping changes their own PPE between cleaning rooms.
- All guest bedding and bathroom linen is laundered under high-temperature commercial textile processing standards for sanitation
- The use of cloth-based face coverings is currently required when in public areas.
- Housekeeping frequently and thoroughly cleans public areas and high touch surfaces, including the front desk, elevator controls, restaurant/lobby countertops and tables, using an EPA registered peroxide all-purpose disinfectant cleaner, effective in killing viruses.
- Hand sanitizer is available in various public areas in the hotel.
- The Fitness Center is limited to three (3) guests at a time to observe safe social distancing.
Events & Social Gatherings
- Hand sanitizing stations are present in all meeting and event spaces.
- Food & beverage will be provided in a no-contact way, with pre-packaged items ready and sanitized for guests’ utmost safety.
- Meeting set-ups will allow for a minimum of 6’ space between chairs, and larger room designs will allow for extra space between attendees required for social distancing.
As always, your health and safety and that of our community are our foremost concern. For questions or more information on cleanliness & sanitation practices which are fundamental aspects of the service The Benson Hotel offers, please contact the Executive Office at 503.219.6705. To learn about how Coast Hotels is addressing your travel safety and travel flexibility, Click here